The Croydon Local Plan sets out the planning framework for the next 20 years.
Parts of the plan are currently open for public consultation. Find out what this means here:
Of most concern to Kendra is the proposed intensification zone.
Within the proposed intensification zone shown in the maps above, it will become much easier for developments such as:
• Subdivision of large properties into multiple dwellings
• Extensions to side, front, or roof
• Subdivision of plots for in-fill developments
• Rear garden development
• Replacement of detached properties with semis and flats
Any NEW developments MUST HAVE a MINIMUM height of 3 storeys. Full details of what this means are explained in this briefing document:
ACT NOW! You still have time to object to this – but objections must be received by 17th October 2016.
KENDRA has prepared a template letter that members can use to register objections to the proposed Kenley Intensification Zone. We encourage as many residents as possible to register their objections to the proposal for an Intensification Zone in Kenley.
Remember that if this plan is approved it will provide the rules that govern what is expected, and what is accepted, in terms of any extensions or new builds for the next 20 years.
You need to place your name and address clearly on the letter, and if posting you should sign the bottom. Those that are able are welcome to edit the letter to make their own.
Or, you can comment on this proposal using the official representation form:
· Online at Link to Representation Form
· Or emailing it to email@example.com or
· Or posting it to Spatial Planning Service, 6th Floor Zone B, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA.