- Council services (such as refuse collection and road maintenance) for which we pay directly.
- Emergency services (police, fire and ambulance) for which we pay a levy.
- Community services (such as health and education) to which we contribute via national taxation.
- Bus and train companies, and other public organistations eg water companies.
- Kenley is seen as an area ripe for development. The Committee reviews the Croydon planning website
www.croydon.gov.uk on a regular basis.
- The Association considers the merits of proposed developments and canvasses members' views in order
to take them into account. In this way it attempts to ensure that the proposals are in the best interests
of the whole community.
The Association regularly monitors performance in all these areas and takes effective action, publicises and
lobbies where appropriate.
The Association has to be all things to all Kenley residents and to be outward looking, balancing the
- Ensuring we are environmentally "green" to keep up with the various environmental needs and
initiatives (and with a good record of achievement in this sphere).
- Coping with complex issues such as security and policing (our representatives ensure that the
Association's voice is heard on the Consultative Committee).
- Ensuring a fair deployment of scarce resources.
- Maintaining a diversity of interests and links with other local organisations.
We are a non-political organisation.
The Committee, which is elected annually, carries out the day-to-day management of the Association.
This ensures that the Committee is the servant of the local residents and reacts to their reasonable needs. A copy
of our constitution may be read by clicking