2016 promises to be a very active year for Kendra. There are a number of important local issues which we are dealing with, and I’m sure many more will follow. Currently we are working on:
- Withdrawal of green waste collection services
- Croydon local plan
- Purley skyscraper
- Travellers in Hawkhirst Road
- Old Lodge Lane Bridge replacement works
- Kenley flood prevention strategy
- Tackling burglary in Kenley which is now the 4th worst ward in Croydon
- The Urgent Care review and Purley Hospital
As well as helping residents with other issues such as the new street lighting, unwanted planning applications, traffic and parking.
However, we do need additional support on the committee, and therefore I am appealing for volunteers from the community to help out. We need particular help with transport issues, minute taking, health issues and social media.
Please do get in touch if you can help with these roles or in any other way.
We are always interested to hear views from our residents, so I do hope you will be able to join us.
Vice Chairman, Kenley and District Residents’ Association