The NHS in Croydon has a range of different options when you need health care quickly or outside normal working hours. By selecting
one of the services here you will usually be seen more quickly and by staff who are better able to look after you.
For critical, life-threatening emergencies - such as suspected heart attack, head injury, heavy blood loss and suspected
broken bones - which require immediate medical care, you should always go straight to a hospital accident and emergency (A&E)
department. But for non-critical, less serious cases choose one of the options here. If you are unsure whether an illness or injury needs
to be dealt with at A&E, call NHS Direct (see below) and ask their advice.
- Croydon NHS Walk-in Centre - 020 8666 0555 - the centre offers fast and convenient healthcare advice and treatment for minor injuries and illnesses -
for example, cuts that need stitching or dressing, sprains and strains, coughs, colds etc. It is open every day of the year except Christmas Day
and no appointment is needed.
45 High street, Croydon, CR0 1QD
Open: Monday to Friday - 7.00am to 10.00pm,
Saturday, Sunday & public holidays - 9.00am to 10.00pm
- Emergency Contraception - Emergency contraceptive pills can be taken up to 72 hours after unprotected sex. Free emergency pills are available from
the Croydon NHS Walk-in Centre (details as above).
Free emergency pills are also available from many pharmacies - see list at:
- Emergency Dental Service - 0845 000 4567 - the Croydon emergency dental service, Croydent, is available seven days a week for
registered and unregistered patients.
Appointments must be made by phone between 6.30pm and 10.00pm
(except Christmas Day 10.00am to 1.30pm,
& other public holidays 3.30pm to 7.00pm)
- Emergency Minor Treatment Centre - 020 8251 7225 - Specialist nurses treat a wide range of minor injuries and problems. The centre is
open every day of the year except Christmas Day and no appointment is needed.
Parkway health Centre, Parkway, New Addington, CR0 0JA
Open: Monday to Friday and public holidays - 2.00pm to 9.00pm,
Saturday & Sunday - 12.00noon to 9.00pm
- GP Extended Hours, and Care at Nights & Weekends - most Croydon GP practices now open longer, either earlier in the morning and/or
in the early evening. Some practices are also open Saturday mornings. Please contact your surgery to find out more. For urgent medical help
when your GP practice is closed at night and over the weekend, phone the surgery on the usual number and listen to the message giving the
special out-of-hours number to ring. To find a GP call the Primary Care Support Service during office hours - 020 8337 1400, or
go to the NHS Choices website: www.nhs.uk/gps .
- NHS Direct - 0845 4647 - a telephone service available 24 hours a day, staffed by nurses who give confidential healthcare advice and
information, or click on the following link: www.nhs.uk/NHSDirect .
- Pharmacies - your local pharmacist is an expert in medicines and how they work. You can also ask about minor ailments and minor
illnesses - the pharmacist will advise you if you need to see a GP. To find your local pharmacist click on the following link:
www.nhs.uk/services , and then select